Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cookies and Caps

I've been fairly productive this week (and yet, feel like I have lots left undone). I finished the first part of a knitting project. I'll post a photo of that when the rest is finished. It's a surprise gift, so I'm hoping it works out well. It sure is cool to finish projects, though, instead of my typical MO (i.e. stopping halfway through the scarf, yet again). I feel accomplished when it actually turns out. Unfortunately I finished something earlier tonight that probably won't work and I'll have to redo. Oh well, I guess it's part of the learning process.
I made sugar cookies today. I mixed the dough last night and cut and baked them tonight. They're pumpkins, for Halloween (Reformation Day? or would those be cutouts of theses tablets?). Let me tell you, I sure had a difficult time locating a pumpkin cutter. So stores had ginormous cutters, and others had nice-sized cutters that came in a pack of 20 other cookie cutters (and as much as I like sugar cookies, I don't need cookie cutters in the shape of coffins. I did locate a nice, metal cookie cutter that's on the smaller size at Michael's, though. They're frosted in orange, of course. Jeff is taking some in to work with him tomorrow. He is giving a presentation on the new Windows 7 operating system. So we piped '7' on those cookies in blue frosting. Jeff was pretty good with the ziplock pastry bag. I took a few pictures, but can't load them yet (I'm on the Mac currently).
I missed my nephew, though. We like to cut, bake, and frost sugar cookies together.

Tomorrow is Friday! Are you excited? I am. I'm ready to finish the week and I'm looking forward to some time spent with friends.

It's late, so I'm out for now. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment