Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Looks

This post is late in coming, at least for the purposes of my mom and sister.

Jeff and I recently added some new furniture to our apartment. After 3 1/2 years of good, solid use, my old orange, floral-patterned couch was put to rest. I found this sofa on craigslist while in my junior year of college. It moved with me to 5 different apartments. While it served me well, it was time to move on, and remove one more item of "college" furniture from my life.


The slipcover gave it a bit more life.


Beneath the slipcover...

Out with the old

In with the new!

The red is cozy and adds a nice splash of color to the room.

There are two pieces; a sofa and a loveseat. I love that the cushions are still somewhat firm. I like the soft texture of the fabric (not microsuede, but a soft material - polyester, I think). I really like that the cushions are attached and don't need to be fixed every time someone gets up. I love that Jeff and I can each sit on a couch if we'd like. I like that it's easier to seat guests when they come over. I like that our living room has more definition from the dining room and the entrance to our apartment.

Can you tell I like our furniture? We got these couches in early March and I'm still pretty stoked about them.

In other news, I may have just worked my last Saturday for a long while. April 15, here we come!




No comments:

Post a Comment