Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Way Behind and an Interesting Day

As the title implies and as evidenced by the timestamp on my previous post, I am way behind in keeping this blog updated.
As a quick update, since the new furniture arrived in our home, I/we have:
  • Had friends over several times to enjoy seating for more than 3
  • Had our first overnight guests. My brother and sister-in-law visited for a weekend in May, and more recently, our friend Mike was in town for a short stay
  • Vacationed in Kentucky and Tennessee (our first "Travel after Tax Season")
  • Officially transferred our membership to Western Springs CRC
  • Played on a women's church volleyball team
  • Played on a 12" coed softball team (the season is still in progress)
  • Resigned our apartment lease for another year
  • Recently (last week) began 16" coed softball season with coworkers
  • Visited Six Flags Great America

That's a brief summation of some of the high points. Beyond these events, my day to day life involves work, eating, reading, and sleeping, with a few things thrown in here and there. Work has been keeping me relatively busy, although I am at times able to enjoy the flexibility of summer hours. For the most part I enjoy what I do. Today in particular was slightly different than usual. There was a lawyer looking at some of our documents and the firm wanted one of our people to sit in the room and act as a deterrent to keep any files from being copied or taken. Since I happened to be in the office, I ended up spending my morning working in a conference room (not unusual), occasionally eyeing the other person at the table to make sure they weren't stealing anything (unusual). That's the story of my (un)eventful career.

No comments:

Post a Comment