Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast

I am one of those people who will start their blog by stating, "I've thought of writing a blog for a while now..." Which is true for me as well. In thinking of starting, though, I decided that the best way to begin would be to do simply that: begin. My writing could certainly use some improvement. College included business professors who wanted bullet points, and my current writing includes many sentences that begin with a dash, "Auditor," or "Examined," and end with "pfa." I feel that one way the writing can improve is by the mere act of writing, and thinking about writing a blog just won't cut it.

I'll give it my best shot, though, and am going to focus on at least posting semi-regularly, even if I feel I don't have too much to say.

Life is pretty busy lately. I'm getting married in 23 days. Actually, that was the first time recently that I have thought of it in terms of days, and I scared myself a little bit. There are many small tasks at hand, but I think it will all work out.

I moved 25 days ago. There aren't too many boxes left to unpack. 4 walls are painted. I could use another lamp. This also will come along in time.

I have 2 1/2 weeks of work to complete and then I have 3 weeks off. That's enough to brighten me just about any time.

That's a pretty basic gist of what's going on for now.

Oh, and the title of this post? It's from Alice in Wonderland.
"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things.""I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

I think I would accomplis more if I tried to follow the Queen's advice more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment