Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Fairway of Life

Well, I made it to two posts in two days. I didn't want to post. More than that, though, I didn't want this project to fall by the wayside one day/post in. I need to follow through more, and that involves taking one small step at a time.

I think I've become a half-glass empty person. I think I used to be more optimistic. I feel that here would be a good place to try to improve/reverse that situation.
Good things:
- I got a couple compliments at work today. After telling the client that I joined Wolf not quite a year ago, and interned before that, but am otherwise fairly new, they commented that this audit has been pretty good and that I seem knowledgeable and not new. I couldn't help but smile; many days I feel like I don't know anything. Second, the manager was out today, and I've heard he can be picky, but I didn't get many review notes, and those that he left seemed okay.
- I ran two miles again today.
- The neighborhood I live in is fairly symmetrical, has sidewalks on both sides of the street, and the distance between roads is even and makes for easy calculations on runs.
- I got a free 'scoopie' scoop of German Chocolate Fudge frozen custard from Culver's.
- It felt normal to leave the library in the evening, walking to the parking lot with a bit of a drizzle.
- Tomorrow is Friday.
- I get to hear some good music and see some good friends on Saturday.
- I have a date tomorrow night.
- My walls are becoming colorful.

That's a pretty good start.

I cannot figure out why the number on the scale is increasing. I am eating better (I think) and running again. Time to run harder/farther. Or eat less. Hmm.

This post's title comes from a quote by Ben Hogan (I think he may have been a lefty):
"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."

Take it to heart these next few weeks, self.

No comments:

Post a Comment