Sunday, August 30, 2009

God's Gifts

I had a good weekend. Yesterday was Jeff's bachelor party, so he was gone all day. Pretty long day, but he said he had a good time paintballing and then going downtown.

I enjoyed Saturday. I was able to run some errands, go for a run outside (it's been pretty dreary here lately, but when I went out, it was warm but not hot and not very humid, which was great.

Yesterday was also my friend Kirstie's birthday, so we went out for a girls night to celebrate. Elyse and I drove down together, and met up with Kirstie and another Trinity grad, Rachel, then headed to Howl At the Moon, which is a piano bar. I've only been there twice, but it's a really fun place. The performers are so talented - they trade instruments throughout the night as the band grows - and they play mostly favorites, so you're able to sing along and just have a good time. It gets pricey quickly, so it's not something I would want to do all the time, but I've really enjoyed both times I've gone. It was also nice to get out and see some friends for a while.

Today was also a good day. Jeff stopped over during the morning, and we had breakfast together. I got another run in. I've been trying to get back into my pre-move routine, when running was starting to be easy, and I actually felt decently fit. It sure is easier to get out of shape than back in :).

We went to the evening service in Palos, then went for a walk. It's been getting chilly here. It feels much more like October than late-August to me. I hear Seattle has nice weather, though, so hopefully that will stick around and we will have pleasant wedding weather.

The title of this post comes from the quote below. I think that stopping to notice the small gifts that God provides in our lives (a tasty breakfast, a walk in the evening, sunny days) really helps me realize how blessed I am. This is also a good way to prepare for another week of work.

"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment